All funded research projects will support the following priorities:
- Technology use in diabetes education and management
- Medication management and/or quality use of medication
- Impact of models of care on diabetes outcomes
- Non-medical prescribing
- Reduced occurrence of diabetes-related complications and improved quality of life among people with diabetes.
- Reduced impact of pre-existing and gestational diabetes in pregnancy.
- Reduced impact of diabetes among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and culturally and linguistically diverse peoples.
- Evaluation of diabetes health services and programs.
Rigorous innovative, collaborative research enables best practice diabetes care and education. The Foundation will fund research and build capacity via research grants and fellowships with recognised universities.